What is MOLD doing to your HEALTH?

How can mold affect humans?

Deadly toxins are a silent epidemic that is shortening lifespans and making millions across the world sick. These invisible poisons are slowly degrading our bodies on the cellular level by mutating our DNA, destroying the ability for our mitochondria to work effectively, and increasing the risk of a variety of deadly cancers. 

Mold is in the air we breathe everyday and similar to allergies, each person will react differently.

Most molds can be harmful, those sensitive can be affected by some of the following:

•  Nasal and sinus congestion                            
•  Hay-fever                     
•  Sore throat and hacking cough
•  Headaches, rashes and eye irritations           
•  Aches and pains        
•  Diarrhea, Fever

Infants and children are more susceptible to molds and other indoor contaminants 

Because a child’s immune system is still developing and can be acutely affected by environmental toxins, such as mold.  If a child is susceptible to mold, the effects can develop into a lifelong ailment such as a weakened immune system or asthma.  If you suspect mold, it is important to have it checked out and dealt with right away.

How can I be exposed to mold?

When molds are disturbed, they release spores into the air. You can be exposed by breathing air containing these mold spores. You can also be exposed through touching moldy items, eating moldy food or accidental hand to mouth contact.

 

What makes mold grow in my home?

Mold enters your home as tiny spores. The spores need moisture to begin growing, digesting and destroying. Molds can grow on almost any surface, including; wood, ceiling tiles, wallpaper, paints, carpet, sheet rock, and insulation. The mold grows best when there is lots of moisture from a leaky roof, high humidity, or flood. There is no way to get rid of all molds and mold spores from your home. But you can control mold growth by keeping your home dry. Below is a video of how mold spores reproducing:

 

When is mold a problem?

You know you have mold when you smell the "musty" odour or see small black or white specks along your damp bathroom or basement walls. Mold is often found in areas where water has damaged building materials and furniture from flooding or plumbing leaks. Mold often grows in rooms with both high water usage and humidity, such as kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and basements. If you notice mold or know of water-damaged areas in your home, it is time to take action to control its growth.

Close

50% Complete

Two Step

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.