FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Your family and your pets will need to vacate the property during our service.  The size of your home and the type of service will determine how long you need to be out.  You can leave all your contents and furnishings as they are, our process will not damage a thing.

The products used by ZeroMold have been FDA approved for food contact. To retain the fresh taste of your produce, you may want to place it in a zip lock bag or refrigerator.

The time-frame depends on the service preformed and the size of your home.  On average we recommend having pets and people out of the home for at least 5 hours.  A ZeroMold technician will let you know how long the process will take when the bid is submitted. You may notice a different smell when you return home- rest assured, this will dissipate quickly.

Mold – Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. When you have mold growing in a home there are toxic spores released into the air.  These spores will flow through the vents and air ducts to every room. The spores are then breathed in by the occupants and can cause serious medical problems.

Yes, mold is very harmful to breathe. The severity of the mold, as well as the type of mold and the individuals tolerance will factor into the actual effects the mold has on the human body. Growth often occurs in hidden places inside a home and is the source of mysterious illnesses.

The most common type of symptoms are respiratory distress issues. Eye irritation and skin rashes also can be early indications of toxic exposure. Other symptoms often include: headaches…chronic fatigue…fever…coughing and sneezing…sinus congestion…rashes…difficulty concentrating, mental fog…joint, bone and muscle pain…and abdominal pain.

Remember, these are just a few of the symptoms out there. Some people seem immune to any effects and others can be highly allergic to even the slightest contact with these toxins.

NO! This is a common misconception. Bleach will cause the mold spores to lose their color and appear to be gone, however, the spores will not die. They will continue to grow without color and using a liquid bleach can even increase the speed at which they grow because of the added moisture and humidity.

Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.

To get your home completely free of mold, contact a certified remediation company like ZeroMold.